1. Give myself a manicure and pedicure – Before becoming a mom, I had the softest feet. I took very good care of my feet and would give myself a pedicure. I used to play music and light candles. It was a very relaxing atmosphere and it was all about me. I would take my time and it was fun for me. Now, I can’t even paint a fingernail, unless the kids are asleep. However, that doesn’t even happen because there are other things that I need to take care of when they go to sleep.
2. Binge watch – Oh how I miss this! My husband and I have spent plenty of weekends doing this before kids. We would stay in the house all weekend and sometimes into the week, watching seasons of television series. We would just order food and stay in our pajamas. Now, we can’t even watch a movie together, we have to wait until the kids are asleep, in which we usually fall asleep on. If we watch a television series, either we watch it at separate times or it takes us a long time to finish the seasons trying to watch it together.
3. Read – I do plenty of reading on a daily basis, but not the type that I want. Yes, Dr. Seuss and Curious George books are very entertaining, but I want to read a grown up book. I used to read novels, books with no pictures and hundreds of pages. It would only take me a few days to finish depending on how interested I was. I really miss this one.
4. Sleep late – Sleeping past 8 a.m. usually does not happen for me. I stay up until 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. and sometimes one of the kiddos will wake up about an hour or two after I eventually fall asleep. Then, they stay up for another hour or two. Therefore, I only sleep a total of maybe 3 hours some nights. I have no problem with staying up late because I have always been a night owl. However, when I did this before kids I was able to sleep sometimes throughout the morning. I would love to be able to sleep at least until 11 a.m. on occasion with no interruption.
5. Not repeat myself so much – I am constantly saying the same things in a row. These are some common sayings that I say to my kids, “No, don’t touch that”, “Come here”, “Why did you do that?”, “Stop jumping on the bed/couch.”, “Stop it.”, “Okay, hold on.”, “Wait a minute.” I do not understand why I have to keep repeating these things and I have to get louder each time in order for my kids to listen. I’m a quiet person, so I really don’t like to speak loudly and I definitely don’t like repeating myself.
Even though I don’t have the time to do these things as much as I would like anymore, I wouldn’t trade time with my kids for anything. I am sure there are many moms (and dads) who share my sentiments and who have wish lists of their own.
If you would like to share something from your wishlist, please do so below in the comments section.